angyts.ethJan 23, 2022
[Working Document] Vision Mission and Values

Dear all, please help to look through this working document for our vision, mission and values. If your response is thoughtful and good, you might earn a tip in $SOS from me.

Thanks in advance, fastest fingers first.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aYk1t6XENnki08d44RWLK19un3VkYqAzMrRMcVTJKFg/edit?usp=sharing

[ Edited: This post archived: See this post instead: https://forum.theopendao.com/thread/final-vision-mission-and-values-35801

Temperature Check
Total Votes: 75
I agree with our vision, mission and values.
97.33% (73)
I DO NOT agree, and I suggest the following amendments
2.67% (2)
Voting Closed
Mul243Jan 23, 2022

Can't vote with veSOS

Burrbradley
BurrbradleyJan 23, 2022

Same. Smh

Andy
AndyJan 23, 2022

Sorry for the inconvenience, we'll fix this issue in 12 hours and let you know.

Thank you,
Metaforo team

CryptoTrainer
CryptoTrainerJan 24, 2022

Thanks Andy. Will be back for the vote later.

CarloCrypto888
CarloCrypto888Jan 26, 2022

Just voted with no issues.

Reply to Mul243...
Soulllvision
SoulllvisionJan 23, 2022

Same problem 🤷🏼‍♂️

jeccica
jeccicaJan 23, 2022

have given my suggestion for your reference in line

snakesfeet
snakesfeetJan 23, 2022

do I need to unstake 1 vesos

angyts.eth
angyts.ethJan 25, 2022

no no, its my issue, will be ok for the next time we vote.

Reply to snakesfeet...
piramia
piramiaJan 23, 2022

I'm also having issues since my SOS is all staked at the moment

angyts.eth
angyts.ethJan 25, 2022

Reply to piramia...
everyday.eth
everyday.ethJan 23, 2022

I staked all SOS to veSOS, please kindly fix this. thanks.

angyts.eth
angyts.ethJan 25, 2022

Reply to everyday.eth...
KawaiiEgirl12
KawaiiEgirl12Jan 23, 2022

its good be grateful that we can vote with veSOS.

angyts.eth
angyts.ethJan 25, 2022

yes my fault, minor issue, will be ok for the next time we vote.

Reply to KawaiiEgirl12...
FTLegal
Read More
FTLegalJan 23, 2022

Discord ID: FT#5018
Many thanks for this!

Preliminary notes:
suggestions should be made with the following distinctions in mind:
1.   “Vision” means long-term goals of the project, i.e. where (or what) we want to be in the near future
2.   “Mission” how we intend to achieve our vision, or short-term goals
3.   “Values” our principles and standards (I suggest this be limited to “Core Values” as enumerating “Values” may result in an unending proposition.
 My suggested edits and additions:

VISION
To create a decentralized community of digital nomads united by the common goal of:

• Bridging the gap between existing intellectual property and the ever evolving metaverse;

• Disrupting existing models of traditional finance and simplifying decentralized finance to precipitate adoption while mitigating associated risks; and

• Encouraging commercially viable but fair and accessible models for the continued development and exploitation of non-fungible tokens (NFTs).

MISSION

• Bringing existing intellectual property on-chain and into the metaverse through partnerships and acquisitions.

• Building a decentralized ecosystem around the $SOS token, through the continued creation of practical use cases for the $SOS, including without limitation, minting non-fungible tokens (NFTs) with $SOS, decentralized trading utilizing $SOS as a primary pair token, gamification and creation of a digital economy using $SOS as the primary transaction currency, and partnering with various Web3 protocols to adopt $SOS as an independent governance token for community governance.

• Developing innovative, simplified and secure Decentralized Finance (DeFi) applications (DAPPs) on the Web3 protocol and organising practical online symposiums to educate digital nomads and digital economy enthusiasts on the use and benefits of DeFi to further precipitate adoption.

• Encouraging and supporting innovative ideas, to advance the technical development of non-fungible tokens (NFTs) and to viably integrate non-fungible tokens (NFTs) into the metaverse as well as on various Web3 protocols.

CORE VALUES (THE THREE Cs - for now)
1.  Community decision making through a free and fair governance model built around the $SOS token.
2.  Community driven projects, with viable ideas from community members being implemented into workable products and/or off-shoot projects.
3.  Cooperation within the community, and cooperation between TheOpenDAO and third-party projects that align with TheOpenDAO vision, mission, and core values.

angyts.eth
angyts.ethJan 25, 2022

incredible post, have tipped you 10696942 $SOS. Thanks!

HoneyBadger9x
Read More
HoneyBadger9xJan 28, 2022

Hi, I'd like to suggest though to elaborate more on values and for being here from the beginning, it is quite important to set the the culture right and not shy away from being specific. So if people who are reading this would also see the sense of this, perhaps we can incorporate?

TEAMWORK & INTEGRITY: The community should foster a feeling of belonging, that we are there for each other and we should look out for each other. Be honest, be fair and we do NOT ASSUME SUPERIORITY over anyone. Acknowledge each other's work esp. when one builds up their idea from someone else's. Highlight each and everyone's achievements: from team to external projects who are making or intending to make valuable contributions for OpenDAO.

INNOVATION: Open, welcoming and nurturing to new ideas, opportunities and efforts that aligns with the OpenDAO mission.

NURTURING: Each and everyone active and participating in OpenDAO, should be nurturing of each other's efforts, giving constructive feedback and ENCOURAGEMENT so that each can achieve their best work and goals to create a valuable contribution for the organisation. Assume good intentions from each other.

- this last sentence re: good intentions, I read from Rachel and find it fitting here, credit to her.

FTLegal
FTLegalJan 28, 2022

Many thanks! @angyts.eth

adamne
adamneJan 28, 2022

ths

Takomi02
Takomi02Jan 29, 2022

ths

Reply to FTLegal...
isin
isinJan 23, 2022

Need to vote with SOS and not with veSOS? That does not make sense? Else vote with the NFTs.

nuhbellos
nuhbellosJan 23, 2022

i have sos in wallet and vesos still cant vote

Write a reply...