Can't vote with veSOS
Dear all, please help to look through this working document for our vision, mission and values. If your response is thoughtful and good, you might earn a tip in $SOS from me.
Thanks in advance, fastest fingers first.
[ Edited: This post archived: See this post instead: https://forum.theopendao.com/thread/final-vision-mission-and-values-35801
Discord ID: FT#5018
Many thanks for this!
suggestions should be made with the following distinctions in mind:
1. “Vision” means long-term goals of the project, i.e. where (or what) we want to be in the near future
2. “Mission” how we intend to achieve our vision, or short-term goals
3. “Values” our principles and standards (I suggest this be limited to “Core Values” as enumerating “Values” may result in an unending proposition.
My suggested edits and additions:
To create a decentralized community of digital nomads united by the common goal of:
- Bridging the gap between existing intellectual property and the ever evolving metaverse;
- Disrupting existing models of traditional finance and simplifying decentralized finance to precipitate adoption while mitigating associated risks; and
- Encouraging commercially viable but fair and accessible models for the continued development and exploitation of non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
- Bringing existing intellectual property on-chain and into the metaverse through partnerships and acquisitions.
- Building a decentralized ecosystem around the $SOS token, through the continued creation of practical use cases for the $SOS, including without limitation, minting non-fungible tokens (NFTs) with $SOS, decentralized trading utilizing $SOS as a primary pair token, gamification and creation of a digital economy using $SOS as the primary transaction currency, and partnering with various Web3 protocols to adopt $SOS as an independent governance token for community governance.
- Developing innovative, simplified and secure Decentralized Finance (DeFi) applications (DAPPs) on the Web3 protocol and organising practical online symposiums to educate digital nomads and digital economy enthusiasts on the use and benefits of DeFi to further precipitate adoption.
- Encouraging and supporting innovative ideas, to advance the technical development of non-fungible tokens (NFTs) and to viably integrate non-fungible tokens (NFTs) into the metaverse as well as on various Web3 protocols.
CORE VALUES (THE THREE Cs - for now)
1. Community decision making through a free and fair governance model built around the $SOS token.
2. Community driven projects, with viable ideas from community members being implemented into workable products and/or off-shoot projects.
3. Cooperation within the community, and cooperation between TheOpenDAO and third-party projects that align with TheOpenDAO vision, mission, and core values.
Hi, I'd like to suggest though to elaborate more on values and for being here from the beginning, it is quite important to set the the culture right and not shy away from being specific. So if people who are reading this would also see the sense of this, perhaps we can incorporate?
TEAMWORK & INTEGRITY: The community should foster a feeling of belonging, that we are there for each other and we should look out for each other. Be honest, be fair and we do NOT ASSUME SUPERIORITY over anyone. Acknowledge each other's work esp. when one builds up their idea from someone else's. Highlight each and everyone's achievements: from team to external projects who are making or intending to make valuable contributions for OpenDAO.
INNOVATION: Open, welcoming and nurturing to new ideas, opportunities and efforts that aligns with the OpenDAO mission.
NURTURING: Each and everyone active and participating in OpenDAO, should be nurturing of each other's efforts, giving constructive feedback and ENCOURAGEMENT so that each can achieve their best work and goals to create a valuable contribution for the organisation. Assume good intentions from each other.
- this last sentence re: good intentions, I read from Rachel and find it fitting here, credit to her.